About Japan Sinks: People of Hope
Japan Sinks: People of Hope is a Japanese television series. The series, which was released again on Netflix on December 5, 2021, is set in the Drama genre. Its first season consists of 4 episodes. The series is directed by Shun’ichi Hirano, Nobuhiro Doi, and Yōhei Miyazaki. The screenplay was written by Hiroshi Hashimoto.
In the cast we can see such names as Shun Oguri, Kenichi Matsuyama, Anne Watanabe, Toru Nakamura, Teruyuki Kagawa. The series is also known as Nihon Chinbotsu: Kibo no Hito. Mydramalist, an Asian drama portal of the series, has a score of 8.1.The IMDB score is 7.0.
Japan Sinks: People of Hope Synospsis
One day, Tadokoro Yusuke’s article was published in a weekly magazine. Their article warns that the Kanto region will sink into the sea. Because of his article, groups are starting to hold protests. To alleviate the situation, Amami Keishi meets with Tadokoro Yusuke, but Tadokoro insists that in the near future the Izu Peninsula will sink, and this will signal the sinking of the Kanto region. Shiina Minori, who was a weekly magazine reporter during this time, talks to Amami about possible corruption between a company and the DEC of the Environment.
Amami is uncomfortable dealing with everything, but she is involved in her hobby and goes scuba diving with Tokiwa Koichi. There he is faced with a shocking incident.
Japan Sinks: People of Hope Cast and Stars
- Shun Oguri as Keishi Amami
- Kenichi Matsuyama as Koichi Tokiwa
- Anne Watanabe as Minori Shiina
- Toru Nakamura as Prime Minister Eiichi Higashiyama
- Teruyuki Kagawa as Yusuke Tadokoro
- Eiji Wentz as Taira Ishizuka
- Anne Nakamura as Misuzu Aihara
- Yūki Yoda (Nogizaka46) as Ai Yamada
- Jun Kunimura as Tōru Sera
- Takashi Kobayashi as Isao Fujioka
- Jun Fubuki as Yoshie Amami
- Manami Higa as Kaori Amami
- Yoshiko Miyazaki as Kazuko Shiina
- Kōtarō Yoshida (special appearance) as Mamoru Amami
- Tetta Sugimoto as Shūya Naganuma
- Morio Kazama as Makoto Ikushima
- Renji Ishibashi as Gen Satoshiro